Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thanks and Giving

I have recognized for a very long time that I live a life that is better than 99.999999999999% of all humans that have ever lived...in the history of the world..
99% of that is due to the fact that I was born in America and to my parents, Mildred and Larry Benjamin,  and for those two facts, I am most grateful.

And to Susan...who has been with me almost half a century.

I am also grateful for my health, my family and friends, the best job in the world, a great staff and to YOU, my patients.

For those that have, we must give. This year either through our office  (or  I personally)  have donated to:

Smile Train
Dana-Farmer
Roswell Park
Hospital for Special Surgery
The Grafton Library
St. Judes Hospital for Children
The ASPCA
Our House of Worship
Universal Preservation Hall (Saratoga Springs)
The Dance Museum
School of Dentistry, SUNY/Buffalo
SUNY/Albany

This morning we went to Compton's for breakfast and a homeless man walked in and ordered breakfast... I have no idea whether he had any money or whether the restaurant would just provide him his food on Thanksgiving. Many of us tell ourselves that if we KNEW that the money that we would give to  street people would go for the purchase of food rather than alcohol or drugs, that we would give them money.  So I asked our waitress, Lisa if we could have his check but that she should not tell him who paid his bill. You give because it is the right thing to do.

Be Thankful.

Give to those that need our generosity.