Friday, July 29, 2016

"Thank You! You Changed My Life"

Many times I see a patient with worn, broken or chipped teeth. And many times a patient complains about headaches. My first reaction is that the patient's teeth are not lined up correctly and teeth are colliding.

I strongly suggest that a patient consider an occlusal equilibration or bite adjustment. The cost is $400. I explain what the treatment is and why I recommend it. But understandably, some patients, especially new patients, are reluctant to have the bite adjustment.

I met a new patient 2 months ago on a new patient exam and after chatting with the patient suggested a bite adjustment. As usual, the patient resisted but ultimately decided to follow my recommendation.
A month ago, the patient had an occlusal equilibration and last week she had a cleaning with the hygienist, Trish. After the patient left, Trish told me that the occlusal equilibration had changed her life by eliminating her headaches and she asked Trish to tell me how grateful she was.

I called the patient a few days later to thank her for her kind remarks. First she thanked me for the phone call and then she told me how thrilled she was with what I had done for her...

This is not the first time that a patient has told me how much better they feel after a bite adjustment. Why don't other dental practices offer this??? I don't know but I will  tell you t hat it is one of the most  significant treatment options that we offer.

My job is to take care of you and your family the best that I can. Having my patient's trust is the MOST important aspect of patient care. I will do my very best never to abuse your trust.