Tuesday, August 2, 2016

"I Couldn't Believe It"

One of my long time patients had an appointment yesterday and was telling me about her experience with online dating. This patient was actually in my chair on September 11, 2001 at 9 AM as the planes were attacking the World Trade Center.   It was the same year that I placed her 10 veneers and she has always looked fabulous.

My patient has been single for a while and decided  to join one of the sites like Match.Com or eHarmony.com. Within a very short time she received 180 notices from men and EVERY one of the 180 men commented on her beautiful smile. She told me that she didn't think that men would pay attention to her smile....

Oh Really?

Every cosmetically oriented dentist will tell you that one of the largest group of people seeking cosmetic dentistry are recently divorced individuals, both men and women. Many people, realize that in order to attract another quality person, they might have to lose some weight, dress better and finally get their dark, chipped, crooked and worn teeth taken care of by a quality dentist.

Maybe it is time to look in the mirror and evaluate whether you are happy with your smile. People ARE looking.