Thursday, March 16, 2017

Is This What We Have Become?

There is a law of physics which says that two things cannot occupy the same place at the same time.
I was at the airport yesterday on my way to Chicago to take a course and I overheard a young couple trying to get a flight to Florida. The man refused to accept that the airline had no...NO...seats beep cause of the backup due to the snowstorm. The conversation lasted 45 minutes but the man refused to accept "no" for an answer..

This evening, I went to PF Chang for dinner. I ordered a glass of red wine and my dinner. The waitress returned after 5 minutes to apologize for the wine delay; I was reading The NY Times online and not paying any attention to the time that I had waited for my drink. Five minutes later, the same waitress returned and told me that because of the delay in bringing the wine that management would not charge me for the drink. WHAT??

It is Thursday evening,peak dinner hour,in a major city, and I was only waiting 10 minutes for my drink...It is physics ....two people cannot get their drinks at the same time.

Have Americans become so unreasonable and so thoughtless that we yell at the airlines and EXPECT  something for free when there is no one to blame? Life is not a zero sum game. We all have to "win."
There was a delay in bringing me my wine; they apologized. I drank the wine. I NEED to pay for the wine and nicely demanded that the cost of the wine be placed back onto my bill.

Will we ever get back our reason reasonabilty??