Saturday, March 4, 2017

Let's Be Honest (Not Political)

I think that all of my blog readers KNOW that I rarely, if ever, discuss politics on this blog. I might discuss a political situation or what a politician says but I do not take political positions on this blog.

This past week "someone" said:


Jeff Sessions is an honest man. ”Sessions  did not make  any misleading statements under oath during his confirmation hearings, but he could have been more accurate in his responses to lawmakers.

To me, this is someone making an excuse for lying. If your children did not give you THE COMPLETE TRUTH, what would you be thinking? A lie is half a truth.

We can excuse someone for ineptitude or because they did not have the talent or skill to complete an assigned task.

Politicians who lie to other politicians are also lying to the American people and when you do that, you should lose your job.

As you have seen me write before, "When we lower our standards, everything becomes acceptable." 

Sorry, I cannot accept an employee who lies or anyone that works for me...including politicians. I am an old guy who remembers when we DID have standards. And STANDARDS ARE STANDARDS.

This is NOT a political standard or discussion but rather a discussion of right and wrong.