Saturday, July 27, 2019

Another Class with Newton Fahl in Chicago

Newton Fahl is the greatest resin based dentist in the world and has been for almost 30 YEARS.  No one will ever surpass Newton in talent and the ability to exactly reproduce a tooth in resin that matches God's natural tooth....No one.

I have probably taken more courses with Newton than any other dentist in the country during the last 20+ years.  Newton and the Cosmedent's Center for Esthetic Excellence are very kind and deferential to me because they know the quality of my work and because I have studied in Chicago longer than anyone else.

I was the oldest dentist by far and probably the most accomplished. But to my classmates I was just an old guy who doesn't walk well and should probably hang it up.

When I began UB Dental School there was an old professor, Dr. Brown, who was the Chairman of the Restorative Department. He was old all right but he was still at the top of his game clinically and everyone revered him. A few years ago when my East Coast mentor, Dr. McIntyre retired,  he told me, "You know, you are going to be the Dr. Brown of dentistry soon."

99% of young dentists have no clue who the best clinicians are and nor do they care. It is not like sports or rockstars  where fans knew everything about their 'heroes.'

 Doesn't matter because my patients still know that they are receiving fine clinical dentistry.