Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My full day lecture in beautiful Maryland

It was a cold and windy day in the Capital District on April 5, 2009 but it was a glorious Spring Sunday in Maryland where I was invited to present a full day lecture to a highly motivated and educated group of dentists. My lectures were about (what else???) providing excellent dental care to you, our patients. Dr. Peter Collins, my periodontist, and I presented material on how we diagnose, plan and ultimately provide treatment to obtain the absolutely beautiful results for our patients. In the afternoon lecture and hands on portion, I taught the dentists how I place the strong, long lasting and beautiful bonded white fillings that I provide to you on a daily basis. This was the first time that any of the 23 dentists were taught the proper technique for placing these fillings although they already provide this treatment on a daily basis.
I was thrilled to receive many emails from the class thanking me and telling me how much they learned. Here is but one example:

I just wanted to thank you wholeheartedly for the superb lecture and hands on Maryland AGD lecture you gave last week. Your work is amazing, and as a new dentist, it is what I strive to emulate in the future. After listening to your lecture, I looked into the Spears program at Scottsdale and am in the process of setting money aside to take some of his courses in the future. I actually went back to work on Tuesday and tried your technique for direct posterior composites and they look great!!! I have had to do very little, if any, occlusal adjustments afterwards, and they look terrific. I feel more like an artist than i did before- the anatomy is beautiful. I have not had the opportunity to do the direct resin mock up, but will try it on my assistant soon.
Once again, thank you for being such a great speaker and teacher.
(p.s. I am also very impressed with your website!)

It is great feeling to have my patients thank me for taking care of them. It is just as wonderful to have one's peers recognize excellence. The highest honor is to be asked to TEACH your peers.
As always, I am grateful to you, my patients for permitting me to take care of you. I am humbled to have been asked to teach other dentists.