Monday, July 13, 2009

Hard to Believe

I went to one of our neighbor's summer cottages this past weekend and one of the men engaged me in my favorite subject: teeth. He told me that his dentist had retired and that he was now going to a young dentist who has been out of school for 2 years. I told him that dentistry was a craft and an art and that a very young dentist would not be ideal for a 70 year old due to his lack of experience. He responded that the young dentist needed to learn on someone to which I responded that he was correct but that he didn't have to learn on you.
I continue to remind you to find good (really great) people to take care of you. It takes at least 10,000 hours to become a master according to the author of the book "Outliers."
Please buy excellence because as L'Oreal says in their ads, "You are Worth It."