Sunday, November 22, 2009

Dr. Benjamin Charges Too Much for his Fillings

NO I DON'T!
Dentists repair teeth when:
1. There is tooth decay in a tooth dissolving the inside layer of a tooth
2. An existing filling which has lasted many years has finally fatigued and no long seals the inside of the tooth from saliva and bacteria.
3. A piece of natural tooth or existing filling has fractured
4. The previous dentist recently placed a new filling but it is not up to minimally acceptable standards.
5. A back tooth has had a root canal.(*Which ALWAYS means that a crown is needed)
My goal is to repair your tooth in such a way that I remove LITTLE or NO natural tooth structure. My job is to keep you from needing an expensive and tooth destroying crown for as long as possible.
Sadly to say, many professionals want to do as many crowns as they possibly can because placing crowns is where the REAL money is to be made. Well done fillings are hard to do and don't reward the dentist financially.
So let's all understand something: It is my job to preserve your beautiful, natural tooth structure for as long as I can for a fair fee. There is no dental material that is as strong as the tooth that God gave you and it is my job to help you keep that natural tooth.
The routine destruction of natural tooth structure is like cutting your finger off when you get a splinter. Don't you want to keep your finger?
So when you hear others say that I charge too much for fillings remember that I am working very hard to let you keep your own tooth for a fair fee. Few other dentists can make that statement.
My job is to take care of YOU and I will never abuse you or your teeth to increase my income.