Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Yankees ARE Worth It

I am NOT really a sports fan but I know that I need to remain involved so that if a patient asks me what I think about last nights World Series game, I don't give the impression that I come from another planet.
I was looking at CNN.com after the Yankees won the World Series for the 27th time (See I do pay attention) and there was a business story about the Yankees. Despite the fact that they had the highest payroll in all of baseball, that from a business standpoint, the owners of the Yankees had gotten their monies worth with the current team. The article went on to say that the owners paid the players more than 200 million dollars, but the current team was worth it and that the team actually made a big profit.
The message was that even though the Yankee players cost more, they also provided a greater value to the fans, the owners and baseball.
Once again, things that have a greater value cost more...(This can't be a new thought lol)
My patients may pay more than they might in another dental office but I promise you that I will give you and your family value for your money.