Monday, October 4, 2010

Leslie Says Goodbye

Leslie has worked with me for 26 years as one of my two hygienists. Leslie made the decision that going to our Saratoga office was not what she wanted to do and I respect the decisions that my staff makes both for their personal reasons and when we decide to move our practice in new directions.

Leslie has not had an easy life and we have held strong as an office in providing support for her during a divorce and an illness. We don't let each face obsticles alone and we will do whatever it takes to help when one of us faces a hardship.

After Leslie's illness a few years back, she sent me a very touching note telling me how much she appreciated me for for giving her time off (without a financial penalty) for both treatment and when she did not feel well enough to work. There NEVER was a consideration to penalize Leslie for missed time during her illness.

Our office has been a model for how to treat and behave with each other in a business setting. Dignity, Respect and Love have been the backbone of our interpersonal staff relationships. As the owner of the practice, I would have it no other way.

We love Leslie and we will miss her.