Sunday, February 14, 2016

Hanging Out with the Big Boys

On February 4-6, I attended the Dental XP Global meeting in Fort Laurderdale, Florida. Yes it was 75 degrees but I was only outside for 10 or 15 minutes during the entire time that I was in Florida... I went to study and that is what I did. Dental XP is a dental group composed of dentists from all around the world and the majority of dentists attending the meeting would surpass the average American dentist...Sad, I know.

The speakers at the meeting were among the best in the world in the field of surgical and restorative implant dentistry. Listening to the speakers, one gets an appreciation for what the most talented people in the field are capable of doing and this explains why I post my clinical cases on the XP dental forum. These are the dentists with an appreciation of excellence and offer praise and valid criticism of the work shown.

There are only a relatively small group of dentists who are capable of performing at a high level, take great photographs of their work and have a healthy enough ego to withstand critiquing of their  work. I was most fortunate to finally meet some of the other dentists who post their work on a regular basis; it was like old friends meeting.

What you need to know is that it is my hope to continue to improve my level of care when I do your dentistry. It should give you great comfort to know that I am continuing to learn from the best in the world. I have no intention of slacking off like many older Professionals...I am not working so that my pension will increase. I work because I love doing dentistry and it is my goal to excel.

You would be proud to know how many dentists from around the world appreciate the dentistry that you have in your mouth.