Thursday, February 25, 2016

Staying on Top of Our Game

Last night I was invited to present a one hour lecture to the members of the Saratoga Dental Implant Study Group. In the upper echelons of dentistry it is expected that you will teach, publish and actually perform in your area of training.  Dr. Bulford asked me to present complex cases that he and I have done for our patients. There are not many dentists who want to do the larger cases because they are challenging to do and one error and a dentist can lose every penny of profit in a case (Remember that overhead in a dental practice is 70-75% and that taxes amount to half of the profit.)

The cases that I presented are usually only seen in dental magazines or at large, national implant meetings but rarely locally. I have 6,000 hours of study in advanced restorative and implant dentistry and this is why patients contact our office or other general dentists refer their patients to us.

I am honored to have been asked to show our cases. Our work speaks for itself.