Sunday, September 18, 2016

The World is Flat



16 years ago Thomas Friedman, a renown international reporter for the New York Times wrote a best selling book, "The World is Flat." His point was that the entire world was becoming interconnected and that we had better learn to compete with people from around the globe.

My favorite dental form is the highly regarded international group called Dental XP. Many members of the forum are world class and leaders of my profession. Trust me when I tell you that the best dentists in America are among the best in the world but the best dentists around the world are far better than the Average American dentist...Sad, I know

There is a very fine clinician who is an MD, DDS, Oral Surgeon and Periodontist on the forum who happens to be from Croatia. She posts some of the most spectacular dental implant surgical and restorative cases for critical comments. I am one of the non implant surgeons on the forum and I am highly regarded for my knowledge and ability in restoring teeth and implants.

Dr. Snjezana Pohl posted a case yesterday and she asked for comments and I was happy to make restorative suggestions prior to her case being completed. This is how she responded to my comments:



Thank you, Gerald. I appreciate your knowledge, sharp eye, your advices and taking your time to help me to make better dentistry! I understood each point and agree with you. Technician and prosthodontics colleague will receive it.
Thank you again (actually, I decided to post more cases with provisional, hoping for your comments).
Best regards
Snjezana 

I am honored by Dr. Pohl's comments; her comments she make you happy as well in that you KNOW that YOUR DENTIST is recognized both inside and outside the United States.