Thursday, September 15, 2016

"This is the First Time that I Have Been in This Room"

People constantly think  (and say) that I am a very expensive dentist. I tell people that it is my job to help you keep your teeth all the days of your life. That means that I do not routinely cut down your beautiful, healthy tooth structure for a crown to "save your tooth." Crowns ARE expensive and most other dental treatment is considerably less costly.

Today one of my long-time patients...35 years...was in to have some fillings placed because she developed tooth decay. This 78 year old patient had EVERY SINGLE TOOTH that had when she became my patient more than 3 decades ago....She also had only one or two crowns placed in all of those years.

As soon as Mrs. G sat down in my chair she says,"Wow, I have never been in this room before."
Mrs. G came with me from Troy and we see her at least once a year for a cleaning and checkup which means that she has been to my "NEW" office more than 10 times during the last 8 years.

She has had NO dental treatment  except for cleanings for almost a decade...

Now really, if you don't have to pay ME to fix your teeth for almost 10 years, how can I be expensive?

PS: Most of the treatment done for this patient was placed 18-25 years ago....That's good dentistry