Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Wabi-Sabi 2

I feel compelled to update you on the patient who claimed that my 'recently' placed (4 or 5 years ago) bonded resin filling  was wearing away.

I told my staff that I would see her for a short consult at no charge so that I could see for myself what my work looked like. After meeting my patient, it was obvious that she had fallen on tough times so I could not be upset with her about the claim that my work was not doing well.

A clinical exam revealed that despite the work being about 5 years old, it looked as ideal as the day that I had placed it.

I am not infallible.  I am not the world's best restorative dentist.

But I know the level of my work and knew that the fillings that I placed would look great.

If you have a problem with my work,  please call Donna so that I can make it right.

Wabi Sabi: Nothing is perfect, Nothing lasts forever and nothing is ever finished...

It would be wise for all of us to remember that.