Thursday, June 21, 2018

Back to School

Last Friday, I received a text from an old friend, colleague and faculty member. He asked a personal favor that I return to SUNY/Buffalo School of Dentistry  (where I am a Clinical Associate Professor (visiting) to give lectures to the Senior dental students and recent graduates still at the University.

I have not been happy with our dental school for quite a while since they closed my Esthetic Center in '07 because the full time faculty liked the dentistry of the 1980s and we were taking them out of their comfort zone. The majority of Dental Schools still teach much of the same material that they taught me 45 years ago and as you can imagine, that material is irrelevant.

I will go back to the School in the Fall to try again to elevate the level of information that the students are given. If I can convince ONE member of the class to pursue excellence in dental care, I will consider my efforts worthwhile.

I have promised you that I will leave you in good hands when I no longer can do what I do for you; I too have a stake in finding a great dentist to take care of you.