Sunday, October 21, 2018

Knowingly Telling a LIE

FACEBOOK posts are often one sided supporting either Democratic or Republican ideas...I get that. This is who we have become as a country.

But frequently and often as a result of what people see on FOX News, people post absolute lies that they could have verified with a few key strokes.

A few days ago someone posted the following:

ALL CONGRESSIONAL DEMOCRATS VOTE AGAINST 2.8% COST OF LIVING INCREASE.

Now THINK about this! What is the likelihood of ALL DEMOCRATS voting against Social Security????? If I was a betting man, I would tell you ZERO and I would be correct.

Do I get angry? Do I get upset? No, I go to SNOPES.com where I learn that this was a total LIE. The reality is that THE CONGRESS does NOT VOTE for cost of living increases. They are set by another branch of government.


Was it a Lie?
Should the person have verified the information?

YES AND YES...

Do not believe the majority of what you see on the internet.