Sunday, January 6, 2019

Pizza, Bagels and Dentistry

WHAT?????????

What could possibly be the connection between food and dentistry.

I know one thing with 100% CERTAINTY. And that is that clinical dentistry was significantly better in the late 1990s and early 2000s. Why? Because:

1. The post graduate dental education boom in American Dentistry was in full force. Extreme MakeOver had introduced Americans to beautiful cosmetic dentistry and in 1992, we had learned to grow bone to place implants.

2. Insurance companies were still at least fairly reimbursing dentists for treating dental patients.

3. There were still a large segment of the dental patient population that had a long standing relationship with their dentist and trusted him or her.

4. Becoming a dentist did not cost $250,000-$500,000.

Bagels in2019 are flavorless pieces of bread more resembling a roll with a hole in the middle...I have not had a fabulous bagel in the Capital District in the past 20 years...My wife says that I am old and do not remember...So I did the unthinkable. I ordered a dozen bagels and a pound of cream cheese from NYC sent overnight as an experiment...I had to disprove Susan's assessment that I was misremembering... I paid GOLDBELLY.com  an obscene amount of money to conduct this experiment and I can tell you with the highest degree of certainty that fabulous bagels are still being produced....just not in the Capital District.

Pizza: Absolutely Hopeless in the Capital District. If we lower our standards, everything becomes acceptable...Sorry....NOT. Pizza is pathetic.

Then again...so is a lot of the dentistry that I see. The vast majority of teeth restored with crowns could be treated more conservatively, less destructively and at a far lower cost..

If you don't mind   having lousy bagels, barely edible pizza  and destroying your teeth with crowns...Not my concern...not my teeth.