Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Misunderstanding

Today I met one of the other business owners at 18 Division Street in Saratoga and he apologized to me for not knowing that I was a regular dentist who does fillings, cleanings and crowns. He told me that I was so highly regarded as a cosmetic dentist that he did not know that I did real dentistry.
"Cosmetic Dentistry" is the term that dental marketers developed to sell to the public to convince them to restore their front teeth.
In reality 'cosmetic dentistry' is plain old dentistry performed at a very high level. A very good 'cosmetic dentist' is really just a very good dentist. PERIOD.
Many dentists that call themselves 'cosmetic dentists' are neither good at making front teeth look beautiful nor are they very good dentists.
I don't want to seem arrogant but I am very good at fixing teeth...Front teeth and back teeth. I do not consider myself a cosmetic dentist and when people ask me what I do for a living I respond, "I do fine restorative dentistry."
If you are looking for a 'good dentist' please consider calling our office at 518 583-1116 and I will do my very best to make you happy.