Thursday, September 3, 2009

I Have Been Honored

It is always an honor to be asked to give a presentation to your colleagues. Local dentists are rarely asked to give lectures locally because professionals feel a little threatened that one of their own is recognized in a particular area of study. What you also may not know is that learning is a very exhilarating yet scary process. Why is it scary? Because learning confirms our worst fears as a professional that indeed, we do not know much about what we are doing for patients on a daily basis. You can trust me when I tell you that my sole purpose in presenting a lecture is to help my young colleagues learn how to predictably achieve excellence when treating their own patients.
It is pretty amazing the Drs. Banchs and Byrnes, the endodontists at 18 Division Street, had the dream and for sight to establish a high quality and FREE learning center for Saratoga dentists so that the entire dental community can move towards excellence as a group. I would like to thank Drs. Banchs and Byrnes for the opportunity to learn.
All of us are much better off when the people that take care of us are very knowledgeable.