Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Associate Clinical Professor

The State University of New York at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine has promoted me to Associate Clinical Professor. I believe that I am the only restorative dentist in the Capital District who is on the faculty of a dental school and I take this appointment as a high honor. This is a recognition of and validation for my pursuit of excellence in providing dental treatment to my patients.
We all see the local dental ads by dentists who make claims about their technology, their education and their expertise. These are claims that are very subjective in nature and cannot be measured. University degrees,certificates or appointments are the recognized GOLD STANDARD of accomplishments in the field of dentistry. I am honored to have attained this level of accomplishment after 33 years as a dentist.
My Father was a high school graduate who valued education more than any one I have ever met. He didn't care very much about money but educational success was his measure of a man. My appointment at SUNY/Buffalo would have made him a very proud man.
I guess the University feels that how I take care of you,my patient, is worth recognizing.