Friday, October 30, 2009

I Told My Financial Advisor 'NO'

A few weeks ago I blogged about the financial industry and Trust. Today I informed my financial advisor that I would rather invest my own money because I could just not TRUST anyone in the financial industry. He asked me how his company could gain my trust in the future and I told him that the industry needed more self regulation and that they needed to throw the folks who destroyed our economy in jail. Until we see those folks punished for their illegal and unethical behavior, none of us should feel comfortable in trusting the investment industry.
I feel very strongly that I must earn your trust and do my very best to keep that trust.
Unlike the financial industry, I will NEVER, EVER earn my money in an unethical or deceptive way... I don't want your money if I can't earn it honestly.
I will give you the best possible dentistry that I am capable of doing so that you can have a healthy mouth and in return, I will be paid.
Just like we did business in the old days when folks were trustworthy.
There is a reason that our office motto is "DO THE RIGHT THING."