Friday, October 23, 2009

A Disturbing Phone Call

Dental Laboratories that actually create the beautiful dentistry for the meticulous dentistry that I send to them are very much like every other industry. If we discuss cars, dentists, teachers or dental laboraties, intelligent folks recognize that there is an incredible difference in quality available and the more you demand of a product or service, the more it will cost. Valley Dental Arts is a very fine dental lab located in Minnesota; they may not be THE best dental lab in the world but they do rank as a world class lab and I use them when I have complex cases that need a high level of expertise.
I was chatting yesterday with the Vice President of the lab, my friend Rick, and he was telling me about the sad state of the economy. He said, "We are doing the very best work in the history of the lab." He was concerned that even though Vallley Dental Arts produces superb quality the economy has affected them in some degree as well. They are anxious for the economy to turn around so then they can hit the ground running.
You have heard me say the very same thing on this BLOG in the past. We have become a Walmart Society (as Tricia calls it) in which quick and cheap are in great demand by the American public.
I too am doing the very best dentistry in my long career and my skill and knowledge is not in high demand.
How can this be????????
We need to support those companies and individuals who still give us the quality and service that has made America great.