Sunday, January 16, 2011

A New Patient

I am (thankfully) seeing a lot of new patients in Saratoga. Many want me to be their new general dentist and others are specifically looking to improve their smiles. Last week I consulted with a new patient who wanted a new dentist AND wants to improve her smile. I chatted with my new patient and then performed a direct resin mock up which is a technique that I have perfected and that I frequently lecture to other dentists about. The mockup is designed to allow a patient to preview what a new, beautiful smile would look like IN THEIR MOUTH prior to having any work performed. My new patient now understands that their mouth has deteriorated and that I have the ability to make vast improvments. More importantly, it enables me to learn everything that I need to know directly from the patient's mouth before I start treatment.

My new patient sent me this wonderful email today:

The images are so dramatic, I can't believe the difference. Thank you for your promptness. I was very anxious to get the photos and take my time to peruse them.
I felt so comfortable at your office that before I left I had already made up my mind that I would like you to be my new dentist.
I'm looking very forward to more discussions regarding my new smile!
Thank you,

I am truly honored when a new patient selects our office for their dental treatment. I sent this patient an email telling her that I will do everything that I can to make her happy in our office.

I said it....AND I MEAN IT.