Saturday, January 29, 2011

A Patient in Need

I recently saw a new patient who was dissatisfied with her previous dentist. She had a dental emergency before Christmas and her dentist told her on four occasions that he did not have time to treat her.

WHAT?????

My patient had lost a front filling three times and wanted to become my patient. She had an appointment on Tuesday at 5 PM for a full mouth series of radiographs (X-Rays) and she told me that she has had a terrible toothache on the lower left side since the weekend. After asking her why she hadn't called me, I asked her if she would like me to get her an appointment with my endodontist for a root canal on Wednesday and she thanked me. As soon as I emailed Dr. Banchs to ask him to see my patient, he took the elevator down 2 floors and came to my office to meet my patient and reassure her that she would be seen the next day.

On the way out she told Dr. Banchs and me, "I am not used to being treated this way."

Why would any patient go to a dentist that will not see them in their hour of need?

I just don't get it. I have dedicated my life to taking care of MY patients and I have no desire to change now.

Your health and your comfort are my MAIN CONCERN.