Friday, October 7, 2011

My Friend and I

Francisco Banchs and I are very different in so many ways. We are not in the same age group, we were not born in the same country (although we ARE both United States citizens)and my parents were lower middle class and his were not.

None of that matters because we have two very powerful things in common. We both love to fix and save our patient's teeth and we both believe that it is our professional, moral and ethical obligation to pursue EXCELLENCE.

Those of us who pursue excellence were born with something in our character so that practicing excellence is not an option but rather what we do when we take care of our patients.

Most dentists do not like being dentists and do not have the personality makeup to pursue excellence..Making money is certainly more important than striving for excellence.

Understanding why Francisco and I are friends makes a lot of sense.