Thursday, December 29, 2011

Meaningful Work

I do not find many people that love going to work or love their jobs. This is completely foreign to me because going to work is my favorite thing to do. I performed some dental treatment today for one of my patients that I have treated for THIRTY YEARS and at the end of his appointment, he said to me, "My daughter Kathy talks about you all the time and she always says that you will never retire because you love your work."

Anyone who has been my patient for any length of time knows how much I care about my patients and how important it is to me that your dental care be the best that I can make it for you. At our Holiday Staff Dinner Party my accountant told me that before he became my patient (almost 15 years ago) he was constantly having work done and redone because it just never lasted. Since he became my patient no treatment has been redone....What a compliment!

I consider my work to be extremely meaningful.

Another doctor who feels like I do is a physician that cares for genetic diseases among the Amish in Lancaster, PA. You will enjoy his story on YouTube at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qAUy6oYH8M

The best thing that we can do for our children is to teach them to find something that they will LOVE to do. That is what my Dad did for me and it is one of the best things that he could have done for me.