Wednesday, November 27, 2013

In One Day

Today I saw patients who live in Dallas, Texas ; Brooklyn, NY; Manhattan and the state of Virginia.

My Dallas patient finally agreed with my recommendation that I find her an accomplished clinician closer to home because she travels too far to see me after moving from Troy, NY.

The Brooklyn patient was my regular patient until she was 22 years old and moved away after college 12 years ago. She has had the same fillings done and redone several times and finally decided that it was time to return to my office and have treatment when she visits her parents who are long time patients. She commented that it was time to return to the dentist that she can trust.

The Manhattan patient is the daughter of one my colleagues and he was tired of seeing new decay around her recently placed dental work when he took her check up x-rays.

My Virginia patient is a retired Troy detective  and he insists that I continue to be his dentist just as I have been for the past 20 years.

I am always so honored when patients endure great hardships in order to  have treatment in my office.

Think about what people see in our office that they are willing to drive hundreds of miles for their dental care. I must be doing something right after almost 40 years as a dentist.