Saturday, November 30, 2013

Young Dentists Looking to Find Happiness in Excellence

A few weeks ago a young dentist sent me an email through the www.benjaminsmile.com website asking if I gave CE courses (continuing education). I responded to her that I didn't but asked her what she wanted to learn and how did she find me. The young dentist told me that she was Googling cosmetic dentists and my website was among many that came up. She went to many websites and decided that she liked the photos of my patients and she particularly liked my blogs.

At her request, I agreed to meet her on Thanksgiving morning as she was traveling from her home in New Jersey and was going to visit friends in Saranac Lake. She was a delightful young dentist who emigrated from Bangalore, India and went to dental school at NYU dental school. She is hungry to learn more and move to her next level of excellence.

(Aside: It truly amazes me that young dentists are looking for what the dental schools were unable to offer them despite spending four grueling years in school. )

I have agreed to help my friend in the same way that I have helped many young dentists. I offer complete access to me via email or texting very much the same way my mentor Dr. Fred McIntyre did for me. We must give our knowledge and experience  to the next generation of dentists so that they can better take care of you.

Unlike Susan's Aunt Sophie who refused to tell anyone her recipe for Pierogies and thus denied her family and others  the pleasure of eating her delicious food, many older dentists give freely of themselves to our young colleagues….Just the way it is supposed to happen.