Sunday, November 24, 2013

Thank You

"Wow, can I just tell you again.... THANK YOU!! What a world of difference.  I
feel like my old self. Thank you so much.  I forgot I need to schedule for
you to fix my filling so you will have to put up w me again soon."

                                                                         AND

"I just wanted to say thank you for staying so late to work on me yesterday and for doing such a wonderful job. Sadly, there are few professionals who would have done that. I feel blessed to have found you.
Happy Thanksgiving."

                                                                                                   AND 

"Dr. B. well, you certainly know how to care for your patients! Many
thanks. We'll see you at 11:45."    

It seems like a daily event to receive emails and cards of thanks from grateful patients. Every dentist can drag out 'thank you' cards from their patients so receiving these messages is NOT unusual. What is unusual is the number of messages that I receive and the fact that the comments of appreciation are for the things that I have done for the last almost 4 decades.  I have always seen emergency patients on the day that they call or within 24 hours. And I have always gone to my office after hours or in the middle of the night. 

The reality is that I should be sending my PATIENTS  the 'thank you' notes for traveling 40 miles each way or just for being our patient. It is truly a pleasure to take care of my patients.