Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Made My Day

I have a patient who travels 3 hours from Potsdam to have me redo some old and unattractive crowns. The case was exceptionally hard and the patient should have had orthodontics (braces) rather than having her previous dentist cut down her beautiful tooth structure for crowns.

Yesterday, I spent 5 hours bonding in her new restorations and I believe that her new smile was pretty spectacular. Last night I received the following text from my patient:

"Home safe-and everyone loves my smile. My kids said it is perfect and my mother said,'now that's a million dollar smile!' I could not be happier or more grateful."

I am honored when a an individual  travels a great distance to become my patient. I am thrilled when I can meet my patient's expectations so that they feel that it is worth making the trip.

My job never becomes boring….I love being a dentist.