Wednesday, May 6, 2015

"I Think About You All the Time"

Today I saw a long time patient that had his teeth cleaned and a periodic exam. He asked me how my recovery from my fall and shoulder replacement was going and I told him that it was another miraculous recovery...Not an easy recovery but an amazing one.

Then he told me that he thought about me often and said:

"You are a really good guy, a great dentist. You are always positive and upbeat and you  are so passionate about your work. More people need to be like you."

I am always honored when a patient takes note  of the fact that I love being a dentist and love taking care of my patients. Taking care of you has NOTHING to do with money and everything to do with earning your trust so that you know that I am putting your oral health and best interest above my financial concerns.

I have grave concerns that the next generation of health professionals missed the lectures on:
1. Do no harm
2. Place your patient's best interest above your own

What are we all going to do? Who will take care of us for the right reasons... What are YOUR thoughts and concerns?