Tuesday, May 5, 2015

This Says It All

Last Thursday, I saw four long time patients that I had cared for for more than 130 cumulative years (or each more than 25 years.)

You may not think that this is significant but I would bet that there currently are not many dentists (or physicians for that matter) who can make that statement.

Patient's loyalty to a dental practice is at an all time low and that trend started about 1990 when employers shopped around for new dental insurance every year so that patients and dentists never really go to know each other well.

Who gave a great injection of novocaine, who listened to your concerns, which patients were petrified of needles and which patients had very small appearing clinical cavities but once started, destroyed the inside of the tooth. The most important question the patient asked (other than where is the men's room) is "Do you take my insurance."

My long time patients know that I care about them, will charge them fairly and am dedicated to making sure that they keep the overwhelming majority of their natural teeth their entire life.  How do I know this? My average patient drives more than 30 miles in each direction for a cleaning or a simple filling...Distance is not a major issue when quality and trust are the main concerns of a patient.

I owe my success to my patients and I thank each of you for your loyalty all of these years.