Friday, May 29, 2015

So How Are Things Going?

I have had the most miraculous recovery. That said, it has been the hardest, most challenging and difficult recovery of all the surgeries that I have had. I met a 70 year old man in a restaurant in Charlotte last weekend who had his arm in a sling and I started to chat with him about HIS shoulder replacement. When we parted he said, "If they had told me how hard the recovery would be, I wouldn't have had the surgery." When I asked my surgeon why he had not told me that I would have residual life  limitations even after a grueling recovery period, he said, "If we told people how hard the recovery would be, no one would have the surgery."

I have been to physical therapy ( Tony DeMatteo at Saratoga Physical Therapy) for 12 straight weeks, 3 sessions per week. I have worked very hard and have not missed one appointment. This meant that I lost 8-9 hours of work time at my office which means you know how costly recovery has been...

But I don't care... Making money has never been important in my life and I have never let my life be ruled by money; I would never hurt a patient or take advantage of a patient simply to enrich myself.

Getting well and returning to work so that I could take care of you was the most important thing for me and I can tell you that my life in my office, taking care of patients, is exactly the same as before my fractured shoulder.

In my personal life, I have great limitations from my injury. It is hard to put a shirt or sports coat on and impossible to adjust my collar after putting on a tie. I will never be able to raise my right hand above my head...

But I can take care of you with the same level of skill and talent as before my injury. An amazing recovery.

I thank all of you for your continued support and concern for my health...It goes both ways.