Friday, October 2, 2015

How Can We Teach Our Children When.....

It is my belief that when a problem exists, an individual, a community or a nation will sit down and ask, "What is the problem and what steps do we have to take to correct, solve or eliminate that problem?"

I don't care WHAT the problem is...Mass killings with handguns, gang violence or lack of parking in Saratoga Springs, NY.

In the year 2015, adults are acting like children..."I don't like that problem and I don't want to deal with it."

Is this how we teach our children to deal with problems when they grow up?

Personally, I am tired of the headlines that 10 or 15 people have been killed at a movie theater or school. We either fix the problem and I don't care how we do it or we simply accept this as normal and move on. Obviously the blood of 20 children sprayed around a classroom was NOT sufficient to get anyone interested in searching for a solution. Would the blood of 100 children or 1,000 children give us pause for concern to sit down and solve the problem?  I don't know! And trust me, I am not for taking guns away from people...

Just sit down as adults and do just as I do with a dental problem that I am confronted with:

What is the problem (Diagnosis) and what are the possible solutions (Treatment plan?)

I don't care what your solution is but I do care that, as a nation we are running away from our problems and putting our heads in the sand.

What does this tell our children about solving problems when they are adults?