Saturday, October 24, 2015

Yuck

I cannot over emphasize how important it is to replace old mercury fillings when they get to be 20 years old.


I photograph virtually every single tooth that I treat so that I can show my patient what is under their old filling and why I am replacing it. One does not need to be a dentist  to see the brown 'stuff' inside the tooth.

If you want me to keep you out of crowns, you have to give me the opportunity to replace the mercury fillings before they cause the teeth to break apart. You remember from high school science class that all metals expand when heated  (by coffee, pizza or hot potato). Teeth are made of glass and glass cracks when the metal filling expands as when heated by a cup of coffee.

I was able to place two bonded resin fillings in these teeth  ( total cost: $645) and was able to save my patients a few THOUSAND DOLLARS when they didn't have to pay me $1650 x2 or $3300, the cost of 2 crowns.

Hey, I am doing what I can to help you keep your OWN teeth (ie no crowns) and help you save money. YOU have to help me though.