Friday, March 13, 2020

Why We Don't Like Government (NOT POLITICAL)

I need to get a replacement Registration for my car at the DMV. I go online and find and complete the correct form and go to the DMV in Saratoga County this morning..Virtually empty....YES.

I go up to the check in desk and the lady says, "That's the wrong form!!!!!! That should have been changed online.... Fill out THIS FORM.

I sit down and complete the form and I answer the exact same questions on the new from with the exception of whether I had MODIFIED my vehicle (after the Limo deaths).

Government does not have a right to make mistakes that inconveniences the citizens. The DMV needed to ACCEPT the form that is currently online and THEN change the forms.

20+ years ago, I was returning from seeing my ill Father in NJ and when I went to get onto the New York State Thruway, there was a 2 hour, 10 mile backup to collect $.35. THIRTY FIVE CENTS!!!
I and others wrote Governor Pataki and told him that if he could not collect $.35 more efficiently then he had no right to inconvenience motorists. And so it was. The first toll on the Thruway was removed.

The person at the desk should have called her boss to call her boss and tell them to immediately change the form online...And she should have taken my completed form.
'
Thomas Friedman, Journalist for the NY Times wrote of the escalator in Virginia being out for over 2 years and how the passengers just adapted...Nope, someone needed to be fired. Government controls everything and it does not have the right to make dumb mistakes.

But you can have a Caronavirus test anytime you want.................NOT.