Friday, March 19, 2010

The Invitation: SUNY/Buffalo School of Dentistry calls

Last Memorial Day Weekend I was invited to visit my Dental School so that I would learn what roll I would play at the school in the future. I met with the Dean and the Chairman of the Department of Restorative Dentistry to review recent events at the School. In November, the Dean and his wife (also a dentist) visited my new Saratoga office so see how a high quality and ethical dental practice functions. Last month, I was invited by the Chair of Restorative Dentistry to give an all day lecture to 7 of the top senior dental students which was extremely well received by our students. Last week, the former Dean called and invited me to come to the School, meet the new Dean and have dinner at his home. In addition, I will learn what my new position will be although I signed papers which said, 'Associate Clinical Professor.' I am looking forward to returning to my Dental School again in an 'official capacity' rather than as a 'visiting instructor.'

I am honored to have attained a sufficient amount of knowledge and expertise in the field of fine restorative dentistry to teach the next generation of dentists.

About 30 years ago, there used to be an ad on television with the slogan, "You have come a long way baby."

Indeed I have.