Thursday, July 8, 2010

I Am Truly Honored

When I post my work on the ACE forum, I never ask my colleagues to send me nice comments about what I have posted. Sometimes I recieve a lot of public and/or private comments and emails about my work and sometimes none of my peers are moved to say anything. What is truly amazing, is that my work has become the absolute standard of excellence in the field of direct anterior direct bonded restorations (or white fillings to repair front teeth for those reading this who are not dentists.) Dentists make reference to my work as THE standard even when they are not discussing work that I have posted. Tonight a dentist made reference to ME with this post:

Right before Spring break I did 4, 4 surface anterior restorations on a young college student who is definitely one of those “never satisfied” people who would find something wrong even if it was Gerald Benjamin or Newton Fahl did the work (no I do not include myself in that group-I wishJ!) She called 2 weeks ago to try to get an appt to “touch up” the tooth. Since our office is closed, I am supposed to call her if I am able to see her.

Newton Fahl from Brazil is the undisputed BEST resin dentist in the world. I am truly honored by my colleagues to be mentioned in the same sentence as MY MENTOR, Newton Fahl.

And to think that I was rejected from almost every dental school in the United States because they did not think that I could do this job.

--