Sunday, September 11, 2011

Gray Heads (Again)

Last weekend the CBS SUNDAY MORNING program interviewed Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones. He has been playing with the band or more than 45 years. On Sunday evening, Susan and I received a gift of tickets to see Elton John and he has been with two of his band members for more than 42 years. The show was fabulous and I went on to YouTube and watched the same songs that he sang on Sunday from concerts that he gave in the 1970s and 80s..Eleton John is better today than he was years ago.

A few months ago, I told you about an article in the New York Times in which a few thought that the Gray Heads need to get out of the way and let the young step in.

Who is better than Keith Richards? Or Elton John?

I am doing the best clinical dentistry of my career and I do not believe that there is a young local dentist who can take my place in the area of restoring teeth and implants.

In my opinion, the best professionals are in the age group of 59-64 and if we stepped aside, the world would lose some of the best and brightest.

So don't be so quick to ask those of us with gray hair to move aside.