Saturday, February 11, 2012

They Are Beginning to Listen

I have been espousing the benefits of conservatively done dentistry for at least 10 years and have been ridiculed by many dentists for doing so. I do not believe that we should be cutting down beautiful tooth structure for crowns and onlays unless that is the only option. Unfortunately, I would make a significant amount of additional money if I did not hold strongly to my beliefs.

A Canadian dentist posted the following on the IDF forum: (David Garber is a world class dentist practicing in Atlanta, GA)

Just saw David Garber yesterday. He also talks of popping veneers of with a laser - and in some cases re-cementing them.
He also spoke of the over-use of crown and the under-rated longevity of resin bonding (on enamel). He showed one bonding case in particular that none of us believed could be done without endo, crowns, or extractions that turned out amazingly well with a bit of reduction and enamel bonding. Gerald would have loved it ;-)

I am not renown because I do not seek to be famous and I just want to take care of my patients. I AM well known because of the quality of the restorative dentistry to I do for my patients and post on the web.

Dentists are starting to listen to what I have been saying about keeping as much natural tooth structure as they can by placing direct bonded resin fillings.

Doctors made fun of the two physicians who told them that stomach ulcers were not caused by stress and fatty foods but rather by a bacteria. We now KNOW that ulcers is a BACTERIAL INFECTION...But it sure seemed to be laughable when we first heard that concept.

The better dentists are starting to listen to me so that they can take better care of their patients...I have taken a lot of ridicule but now they are listening.