Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Interesting Thought

Arthur Schopenhauer said," Talent hits targets that no one can hit. Genius hits targets that no one else can see."

The combination of talent, passion and hard work  is what allows some of us to pursue excellence.  This allows us to hit targets that others cannot hit which I guess  is also the definition of 'world class' or performing at a level that few others can achieve.

Why would any patient select a doctor  who lacks passion and does not pursue excellence?

I selected my surgeon to replace my knee because I was told that he was among the best in the country. My research confirmed that fact. Everyone told me that I would be lucky to return to work in less than 6 weeks and then only on a limited basis. The fact is, I returned to work in 3.5 weeks, no longer use a walker or cane, can walk up 12 flights of stairs,   can already ride a bicycle, the last hurdle for knee replacement patients and walk the best that I have walked in 36 years.

My surgeon takes great pride in what he does as does his patient. This combination, according to my physical therapist is what produces fabulous results. Oh yes...after only 2 sessions of physical therapy, both my surgeon and physical therapists agreed that I no longer need to go to therapy....Absolutely unheard of.

I encourage everyone to consider finding THE BEST people to take care of you.