Thursday, January 31, 2013

Am I Missing Something?

Most of my friends, colleagues and patients are astounded by my recovery and progress from my total knee replacement.

I am not sure why folks cannot see the relationship between excellence and outcome. I specifically selected Dr. Thomas Sculco because he is one of the best knee surgeons in the country and perhaps the world. I climbed 30 flights of stairs 3 times a week prior to surgery as Dr. Sculco requested, I followed his post op instructions ("Don't forget...Walk a lot.") and did all of my exercises prescribed by my in home physical therapist.

Do you really think that my recovery and outcome were in doubt when a patients selects THE BEST to take care of them?

I specifically told Dr. Sculco that I travelled almost 200 miles because I wanted the best possible care.

And I received exactly what I expected and paid for (all out of pocket...but the best always is.)

When you select the best people to take care of you , you have every right to expect a highly favorable outcome.

My return to work in under 4 weeks was no surprise to me.