Monday, March 23, 2015

Lee Juan Yew 1923-2015

Mr. Yew was the founding father and first prime minister of Singapore.
Singapore as you know is one of the most orderly societies on earth as well as one of the wealthiest nations and most of that is because of what  Mr. Yew accomplished.

I don't know a lot about this man and I am sure there are things that I would not admire about him if I knew more. That said, let me tell you what I do like about him.

He said the following:

"We are ideology free."
"Does it work? If it works, let's try it. If it's fine, let's continue it. If it doesn't work, toss it out and try another one ."


This is how I run my office. We make a change..Is it working or not and if not how are we going to change again so that it will work.

The CEREC machine was a perfect example. Looked good in the ads; looked good in the courses that I took. We bought it and it failed to perform. It's gone. Next.

Digital impression taking is NOT the future...It is the NOW...So we will keep looking.

When we gave up paper forms for iPads, some people didn't like the change. Now most understand it and like it because no one likes filling out all those paper forms...(Ask me how I know these last 3 weeks with all the doctor's offices that I have visited with my shoulder injury?)

I want a leader who defines the problem...doesn't have a preconceived belief about how things should be...and thinks and studies, incorporates and refines...How refreshing a Congress would be if this is how it operated?