Thursday, March 19, 2015

My First Post Surgery Visit to My Surgeon

Yesterday I had my first check up for my shoulder in New York City at Hospital for Special Surgery. Dr. Gulatto was delighted my results after viewing the new x-ray. One more week in my sling, start Physical Therapy now and perhaps back to work in two weeks... We can't ask for more than that.

Many of the advancements in shoulder repair/replacement are the result of research performed by the surgeons at Hospital for Special Surgery. They learn, compile the information, evaluate information and then determine what treatment or techniques work well and what can be tweaked to make things better. In order to show my great appreciation for my surgeon, I made a sizable contribution to the Hospital for Special Surgery for Dr. Gulatto's research. I would encourage others to support improvements in medicine by making contributions to Hospitals, Universities and private groups (Smile Train, etc) so that we all can have great care like I have had.

Again, I want to thank all of  you for the cards, calls and prayers. I know that I have a very special relationship with MY PATIENTS  which goes beyond "fix my tooth, doc." I want you to know how much I appreciate having YOU as my patient. It is a privilege to take care of each and every one of you. Your comments in the cards are overwhelming and bring me to tears...THANK YOU.