Monday, March 30, 2015

A Missed Target

I am going to miss my target date of April 1 to return to work. Nobody wins all of the time especially when it comes to health and healing. My new goal will be in two weeks. Trust me I will work very hard at  physical therapy and my home exercises so that I can meet my goal. My physical therapist, Tony DeMatteo constantly reminds me that I suffered a very serious injury and in addition to healing, I must strengthen my muscles.

Yesterday, I was working with Tony and all of a sudden he said, "Did you feel that?" He had been moving my arm but it had not gone beyond a certain limit until the muscles relaxed and my arm had moved further than it had. At the end of my visit, Tony said, "Now I am encouraged. We made significant gains today."

Before I left his office, I said to Tony, "You have 2 weeks."

I ask for your patience during my healing process. I know that some of you may be thinking that you need to find another dentist soon. I would encourage you not to do that. Like everything else, things take longer than we want and expect.

I will come back and I will continue to strive for excellence. I just need more time.

Thanks!!!