Sunday, November 6, 2016

And Who Made That Decision (Not Political)

I often wonder, " Now how did a supervisor approve that choice?"

Today Susan and I went food shopping at Hannaford's and one of the items on our list was Death Wish Coffee in the K Cups. This is not our usual coffee but we indulge periodically.

We went down the Coffee aisle looking for bags of Death Wish but no Death Wish...Oh well, we can get some during the week.

At the check out counter the cashier asks the usual, "Did you find everything?" I always think, "Why do they ask when they really don't care?" One of the store managers was helping pack groceries and she immediately responded with, "I think Death Wish Coffee is in the Cereal aisle."

Susan and I said at the same time, "That is exactly where I would put it" in a half serious tone. No one got the humor in our statement.

Now really...Who approved placing Death Wish Coffee in the Cereal aisle, one aisle over from the coffee aisle? I want to talk with that person to learn the logic in that decision.

A while back Senator Schumer agreed to extend the Hedge Fund Mangers Federal Tax Exemption for BILLIONAIRES which allowed a manager who earned $4.2 BILLION in one year to pay NO FEDERAL TAX, NO MEDICARE TAX AND NO SOCIAL SECURITY TAX...He did pay %15 Capital Gains taxes, however.

My question to Schumer is, "What were you thinking when you agreed to let a BILLIONAIRE pay no Federal Taxes? Who are you working for? The People or special interests.

Senator Schumer: "How did you make that decision?  Would YOU  be the one who made the decision to put Death Wish Coffee in the Cereal aisle?

In our office, major decisions are made with everyone's input and sometimes I am over ruled. I am not always right and I may not be seeing all sides of an issue which is essential for good decision making.