Friday, August 27, 2010

Helping My Young Colleagues

Today was a special day for me. I was asked by a young dentist in Dallas if I would help her improve as a clinical dentist. Today we had our first phone conversation and she is like all the other young dentists that I mentor locally. Each of them desperately wants to become a better dentist and they want that improvement to happen yesterday. lolol. Isn't it wonderful that there are still young people in our country that truly want to become excellent at what they do rather than just talk about getting wealthy. None of my young colleagues has ever told me that their goal was to make a lot of money. They wouldn't have approached ME if that was their goal because that has never been MY goal during my career.

I will help my new young friend become an excellent dentist but I will probably be 70+ years old before any of them has learned enough to qualify as 'excellent.' I have time and I will wait because THIS will be my legacy.