Sunday, August 1, 2010

My Website

Perhaps you don't realize it but the bride on the HOME page of my website was a patient of mine when I restored her front teeth 11 or 12 years ago. She was an absolutely gorgeous bride and I loved her photos so much that I actually paid the photographer for them (with my patient's permission, of course.)

What is so special about the opening photograph besides the natural beauty of my patient and the spectacular photography? It is that no one, including ME, would ever be able to identify that the bride's teeth had been touched by a dentist. The fact that her teeth had been fixed is no where to be seen in that photo.

Isn't THIS what dentistry is supposed to be about? Shouldn't our work be so NATURAL and beautiful that it doesn't distract from our patient's individual features?

I am amazed by my patient's beauty on her most special day. I am honored to have be involved in a very small way to create the perfect picture.

Isn't DENTISTRY wonderful?